We are seeking a Vice President of Oncology to join our team.
This new position will provide strategic direction, leadership, and hands-on management for Lineage’s oncology programs, ranging from designing new product candidates through planning phase 2 clinical trials. Individual will receive high levels of independence and flexibility to develop and advance specific and overall therapeutic area strategies to ensure achievement of corporate and business objectives as a valued member of the senior executive team.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Create and lead multidisciplinary project teams to advance development of an ongoing Phase 1 and future product candidates from the Company’s oncology platform
- Participate in long-term strategy and planning as key member of the Lineage management team
- Provide and effectively communicate a compelling scientific and strategic vision to current and future business partners and members of the board of directors
- Contribute to business development efforts and partnership alliance management
- Build and maintain key opinion leader and investigator relationships
- Provide expert opinion and technical support for development and due diligence activities
- Establish key objectives and timelines for cross-functional development programs for complex oncology product candidates, coordinating with R&D, preclinical, clinical, CMC and Regulatory functions. Manage timeline adherence and project quality deliverables
- Manage CROs, outside collaborations and external R&D activities for oncology programs
- Conduct reviews to evaluate progress compared to baseline estimates
- Identify opportunities for additional intellectual property
- Engage frequently with CEO and the Board of Directors
- Additional activities consistent with experience and skills
Education and Training:
- D. MD/Ph.D. in a biological science with 15-20+ years of experience, preferably including some exposure to regenerative medicine, cell therapy, tissue engineering, biosurgery, or combination products. Business development experience and/or MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of product development experience in oncology/immuno-oncology in pharma and/or biotech.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership position.
- Success in startup entrepreneurial ventures and large biomedical companies
- Experience with advanced therapies, gene/cell-based products
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory environment guiding advanced therapies/regenerative medicine product development
- Experience assembling scientific and clinical advisory
Knowledge and Skills:
- A leadership mindset coupled with the innate ability to engage and motivate scientific colleagues
- Experienced and optimistic leader with problem-solving attitude
- Good project/program management skills
- Strong working knowledge in immunology and oncology
- Superior communication skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing, and persuasion
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Flexible/adaptable to rapidly changing business environment
- Good organizational management skills
This is a direct hire position. Recruiter submissions are not being accepted at this time.